BaileysTM Coffee Creamers
Macadamia Brittle Cake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour bottom and sides of three 8-inch round baking pans; set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl using an electric mixer on low speed, beat shortening, eggs, and vanilla until just combined. Gradually add parts flour-mixture alternating with BAILEYS® Macadamia Brittle Coffee Creamer. Fold in macadamia nuts. Divide and pour batter evenly into baking pans.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cakes comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool for 10 minutes in pan before removing and transferring cakes to a wire rack for additional cooling.
- Using a cooking spray or about 1 Tablespoon of butter, or vegetable oil, grease a large baking sheet, set aside
- In a 3-quart saucepan on medium heat, bring sugar, corn syrup and water to a light rolling boil. Do not stir. Continue to boil until sugar is completely dissolved and liquid begins to form a golden-amber color, about 10 to 15 minutes. Note: Around the 10 minute mark or when a candy thermometer approaches 300 degrees F, keep an eye out. The color of the caramel liquid can quickly change within seconds from amber to an undesirable dark brown color.
- Immediately remove pan from heat and stir in butter or margarine, baking soda and macadamia nuts; mix until fully coated. Transfer and evenly spread onto the greased baking sheet.
- Allow brittle to cool for about 20 minutes. When hardened, break brittle into shards.
- Meanwhile, in a medium microwaveable bowl, melt white chocolate for 30 seconds, stir and reheat at 15 second intervals until about 75 % of white chocolate has melted. Continue stirring until all of the white chocolate has completely melted; set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer* beat butter until light and fluffy. Add in cooled melted white chocolate and beat together for 30 seconds
- On low speed, beat in 5 cups of confectioners' sugar, vanilla and 6 Tablespoons of BAILEYS® Macadamia Brittle Coffee Creamer until smooth and spreadable. Add 1/2 Tablespoon at a time if frosting is too thick or 1 cup of confectioners' sugar if frosting is too thin.
- Once cakes have cooled, place each cake above a flat leveled surface. Use a long serrated knife at eye level to the cake, cut any dome-shaped tops to create an even flat surface; discard or eat scraps
- Place one cake layer over a cake plate/stand cut-side-down. Using an angled spatula, generously spread frosting on top. Place the second cake layer cut-side-down over the frosting and gently press downward to seal any gaps between the frosting and cake layer. Repeat this process for the final cake layer. (Note: frosting may spill over the sides of the cakes, it will be used.
- Once layers have been frosted, continue to evenly frost around the sides of the cake. Generously apply more frosting if needed. Use a bench scraper to glide along the sides of the cake to sharpen edges and remove excess frosting
- Fit a piping bag with a closed or open star tip and fill bag with remaining frosting. Pipe swirls around the top of the cake's perimeter. Pipe a second row closer to the center. Leave the center empty to place several shards of macadamia brittle
- Cut slices of cake using a long and sharp serrated knife. ENJOY!
*Using a high-powered electric mixer is highly recommended in making the white chocolate-macadamia brittle frosting. If using a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment to decrease the amount of air bubbles.
If you only have one 8-inch pan, bake each cake for 20 to 25 minutes. Place batter in the refrigerator while each cake layer is being baked.
Ingredients for cake:
- 2 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup BAILEYS™ Macadamia Brittle Coffee Creamer
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped (optional)
Ingredients for brittle:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts, halved
Ingredients for frosting:
- 12 oz. white chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 5-7 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6-8 Tablespoons BAILEYS™ Macadamia Brittle Coffee Creamer